Protein Powder Waffle Recipe : 3 You Ought To Try
So I have a thing for waffles….
I mean how could you say no to delicious carb with little squares in ’em? ? So I went on a hunt to find delicious but healthy protein waffle recipes. Here are three awesome ones that are both tasty and nutritionally balanced. Each of these recipes serves about 20 grams of protein!
Here are three awesome ones that are both tasty and nutritionally balanced. Each of these recipes serves about 20 grams of protein!
1Kim’s Low Carb Protein Waffles
Original recipe from Kim’s Cravings.
- 1 scoop (or serving) vanilla protein powder* (I personally like Body Logix’s Whey Protein in Vanilla)
- ¼ cup egg whites from a carton + 1-2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Optional for servings: maple syrup, almond butter, calorie free pancake syrup, fresh berries
- Heat waffle iron.
- Stir all ingredients together in a small bowl, until batter is free from most clumps.
- Once waffle iron is heated, spray top and bottom of the iron with non-stick cooking spray and pour batter over bottom iron. Depending on how thick your batter is, you may want to use the back of your spoon to spread the batter evenly over the iron.
- When waffle iron goes off, transfer waffle to a plate and top with your favorites. Serve immediately or store in a covered container to reheat and enjoy later
2Chocolate Protein Powder Waffle Recipe
Original recipe from Ketogasm.com
- 1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour (I use Bob Red Mill’s Coconut flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 whole egg (I prefer using free range eggs)
- 2-3 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon coconut or avocado oil
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Combine protein powder, coconut flour, baking powder, and egg.
- Whisk to blend until the dry ingredients become wet.
- Add water, one tablespoon at a time until the mixture becomes the consistency of a thick pancake batter.
- Grease waffle iron with oil to prepare for batter.
- Spoon batter onto hot iron.
- Cook waffles until crisp and serve immediately with a pat of butter or syrup.
37 Ingredient Gluten Free Vegan Protein Powder Waffle Recipe
Original recipe from the MinimalistBaker.com
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk and 1 tsp white or apple cider vinegar
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder
- 1/4 cup olive or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or maple syrup (or honey if not vegan)
- heaping 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp flax seed meal
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped bananas or other fresh fruit
- Combine almond milk and vinegar in a small mixing bowl and let set for a few minutes to curdle/activate. Then add olive oil, agave nectar or maple syrup and whisk. Set aside.
- Add dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until well incorporated. Test batter for sweetness and flavor. Add more sweetener or some vanilla extract if desired. I added a touch more agave.
- Let set for 5-10 minutes while your waffle iron preheats. (I set mine to 4 out of 5 for a crispier waffle, but adjust yours according to preference.)
- Once waffle iron is ready, generously coat with non-stick spray and pour on about 1/2 cup of batter. Cook according to manufacturer instructions and then remove and place on a baking rack in a 200-degree oven to keep warm. Do not stack and instead keep them in a single layer to ensure crispiness remains.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings. Store leftovers in a freezer safe bag and reheat in the toaster for best results.
Looking for more fun recipes and nutrition tips? Get on my newsletter at bit.ly/trainwithruby
✌️ and happy eating!