Anti Bloating Foods List
Feeling bloated? Gassy? Have trouble digesting? Feel inflamed all the time? If you experience these symptoms and are looking to get a flat belly and get rid of these symptoms for good, then read below!
What causes a BLOATED stomach?
Adipose tissue (aka fat) is only a small part of the problem. Even those who don’t hold a lot of belly fat can have a hard time getting and maintaining a flat stomach. Why is that? Well it’s often a combination of the foods that we are consuming and a lack of activity that leads to digestive issues, inflammation and that overall bloated feeling.
[Tweet “15 Anti Bloating Foods To Include In Your Diet!”]
For example, let’s take dairy. Dairy is a hypoallergenic food that most people consume. Unfortunately most of us do not have enough of the enzymes we need to break down dairy. Which leads to inflammation, bloating, gas, constipation etc… I actually recall one of my instructor once posting a picture of her stomach after she had a glass of milk. And it was HUGE! Her stomach had dissented so far making her look pregnant. Now, if you are thinking perhaps it’s belly fat, guess again! This is a girl who is in incredible shape with visible abs!
What gives? Basically it comes down to the proteins found in dairy. As mentioned above our body has a hard time digesting them and so it sends an immune system response to our stomach and intestines so it can break down dairy. Crazy? Yes, but also very true! Unfortunately dairy is not the only culprit. Other hypoallergenic foods include refined grains, wheat products, refined sugar, alcohol, heavy saturated fats, soy, legumes and nightshade vegetables.
All of these foods basically can cause an immune system response and inflammation. Which leads to a dissented stomach, bloating and even joint pain!
Sounds familiar? It’s OK if it does. Just be cognizant to remove those types of foods from your diet and include more healing foods. Below, I’ve listed 15 of of fave Flat Belly Foods that can help your gut heal from the inside out and lead to a flat stomach.
I would also recommend checking out our Flat Belly Challenge which is a fun and educational way to get to a cinched waist! It includes a series of audio tapes that will tell you EXACTLY what you need to do to get a flat tummy!
ANTI BLOATING FOODS LIST: 15 OF OUR FAVES!
Here are 15 Flat Belly Foods to include on your diet to help you reduce inflammation, improve your digestion and get you a small waist.
- Fennel seeds: Fennel tea and fennel seeds have been used forever to reduce bloating and help digestion. Chewing just half a teaspoon does the trick!
- Whole Free Run or Organic Eggs: For those of you who eat eggs, make sure to buy em free run or organic. Why? Because they contain more of the healthy omega 3 fats that act as inflammatory. Eggs also keep you satiated and are a great way to get protein! Add a couple of boiled eggs to your salad or make a omelette!
- Salmon/ Fatty Fish: Again, I would suggest buying organic if you can! Salmon and other fatty fish like trout include the omega 3s and healthy monounsaturated fats that help us fight inflammation. Bonus: they are great for bone and brain health!
- Asparagus: Asparagus is know as an anti-bloat food! It helps flush out excess water and even contains good bacteria (aka probiotics) to help with digestion.
- Olive oil: This oil is a great alternative for low heat cooking! It contains healthy fats to battle overall inflammation!
- Cucumbers: Cucumbers are full of water. They have a cooling effect making them a great addition to a low inflammation type of diet.
- Pineapple: This sweet fruit contains enzymes that help us break down food. It is a great digestive aid that can help flush our excess water.
- Avocados: Avocadoes are full of potassium …. and potassium helps get rid of water! Great as a snack by itself or as a dip or on salads!
- Grapefruit: Citrus fruits in general are great for reducing bloating as they contain water, vitamin C and fibre!
- Aloe juice: Aloe has great healing properties. It can help heal a leaky gut and improve your digestion.
- Dark chocolate: yes, i totally said dark chocolate! Dark chocolate has anti inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation.
- Peppermint: Boil some peppermint tea or add some to your food! Peppermint has been used for centuries to decrease bloating and aid digestion.
- Kimchi or Sauerkraut: Fermented veggies provide the good bacteria (probiotics) that our stomach needs for digestion. Both kimchi and sauerkraut go along with a lot of dishes, so add a tablespoon or two to your meals.
- Kombucha: Similar to kimchi and sauerkraut, Kombucha is fertmented. I would suggest just having one or two per week.
- Bone broth: Bone broth is a natural gut healer! It is great for reducing inflammation an healing a leaky gut!
Looking for a flat tummy? Check out the ultimate Flat Belly Challenge and reduce that bloat for once and for good!